F. FEW DUROOD SHAREEFS FROM DISTINGUISHED PERSONALITIES
1. Hazrat Royafai (radi Allahu anhu), a very close companion of the Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) has revealed that once Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said: "There is a Durood which if anyone recites, then I shall definitely come to his help on the final Day of the Judgement".
That Durood is the following:
ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ANZILHUL MAQADAL MUQARRABA INDAKA YAWMAL QIYAMAH.
"O Allah! Shower Thy blessing on Muhammad and make him enter the highest place which is the greatest before You on the Day of Resurrection".
2. It is written in "Bukhari Shareef" that after hearing the prayer call, Azaan, if anyone recites the following Durood then he will certainly receive the Holy Prophet's (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) mercy and assistance on the Day of Judgement.
In another narration, Hazrat Abu Darda (radi Allahu anhu) says that Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) himself used to recite this Durood Shareef after hearing the Azaan. He says that the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) used to read this in such an audible voice that those sitting besides him used to hear it.
The Durood is the following:
ALLAHUMA RABBA HAZIHID DA'WATIT TAAA MATTI WAS SALAATIL QAA'IMATI AATI MUHAMMADINIL WASILATA WAL FADEELATA WAB'ASHU MAQAMAM MAHMUDANIL LAZI WA 'ADTA'U.
"O Allah! For the sake of this call of prayer and for the sake of this prayer, give Thy assistance to Muhammad, our master, and make him seated on the most exalted place which You had promised, i.e. the Maqaam-e-Mahmood".
3. Hazrat Saeed Ahmed Savi (radi Allahu anhu) says there is one Durood Shareef which is just like actual light. In fact, it is light in itself. If recited once, the reciter obtains the reward for 100 000 Duroods.
Whenever a person is faced with trouble, he or she should recite it 1 500 times daily and all his or her troubles are bound to disappear.
Hazrat Abu Abideen (radi Allahu anhu) says that if a man recites this Durood daily, the love of Allah Ta'ala and a very high position will be given to him.
Hazrat Shaikh Ahmed Malool (radi Allahu anhu) says that this single Durood Shareef is equivalent to 100 000 Duroods.
The Durood is the following:
ALLAHUMMA SALLI WA SALLIM WA BAARIK ALA SAYYIDINA MUHAMMADIN NURIZ ZAATI WA SIRRIS SAARI FI SAAA'IRIL ASMAAA'I WAS SIFAAT.
"O Allah!Send actual blessings and grace on Muhammad, our master, who is light and this secret is spread up in all things in every corner and in every name and fame".
4. Hazrat Abdullah ibn Abbas (radi Allahu anhu), a companion of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim), says that Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said that if a man recites the following Durood Shareef once, then for the coming 1 000 days the Angels of Allah Ta'ala will be busy in writing reward for the reciter of this Durood. This Durood Shareef is a very rewarding one. By reciting it only once, the Angels go on writing good deeds in the account sheet of the reciter for full 1 000 days. What a great reward and what a great return?
The Durood is the following:
JAZZALLAHU ANNA MUHAMMADAM MA HUWA AHLAHU.
"O Allah! Give reward to our Hazrat Muhammad the reward which is benefitting as he deserves".
5. Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) taught this Durood Shareef to Hazrat Qabisa bin Mukharib (radi Allahu anhu) on a particular occasion. If any Muslim man or woman recites this Durood Shareef once, then Allah Ta'ala opens all the four Doors of Heaven for him. The reciter is at a liberty to enter into Heaven from any door he chooses. Hazrat Qabisa (radi Allahu anhu) used to only recite this Durood.
The Durood is the following:
ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA SAYYIDINA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI SAYYIDINA MUHAMMADIW WAH DINI MIN INDIKA WA AFYID ALAYYA MIN FADLIKA WA ANSHUR ALAYYA MIR RAHMATIKA WA ANZIL ALAYYA MIM BARAKAATIKA.
"O Allah! Shower your blessings on our Master Muhammad, and his Family, and give me exclusive guidance and shower grace and favours, and spread your kindness on Muhammad and favours on him."
G. MIRACLES ATTRIBUTED TO READING THE DUROOD SHAREEF AND SALAAM
1. Once in India an Aalim had passed away and it was observed that for one month sweet fragrance used to arise from his bed and from his entire house. People enquired about this mystery. His son-in-law said that the Aalim used to recite Durood Shareef every Friday night in his house. The fragrance was as a result of the recitation to the Durood Shareef.
2. In another incident, a calligrapher died. His family members saw him, who was a great sinner, after his death in their dream sitting in Heaven with full pomp and dignity. On enquiry, he said that he gained all these benefits because he used to write Durood whenever the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) used to appear.
3. Shaikh Zardaq (radi Allahu anhu) says that when the writer of the book of Durood Shareef died, for one month the fragrance of flowers used to arise from his grave.
4. It is reported in "Rahhatul Quloob" that once there was a Sultan who became very ill. Six months passed by without any cure in sight. A few people went to the Sultan and told him that Hazrat Sheikh Abu Bakr Shibli (radi Allahu anhu) had arrived in the city. The Sultan requested the great Saint to visit and and to make Du'a for his health. Sheikh Abu Bakr Shibli (radi Allahu anhu) visited the Sultan on his request for he knew that the Sultan was very generous to his subjects and that he was also a very pious person. When Sheikh Abu Bakr Shibli (radi Allahu anhu) sat next to the bed of the Sultan, he assured the Sultan that he would recover very soon. Sheikh Abu Bakr Shibli (radi Allahu anhu) then recited a few Durood Shareefs and passed his hands along the body of the Sultan. A few minutes later, the Sultan awoke as if from a dream. He felt as if he had never been sick.
5. In Egypt, there lived a pious man whose name was Abu Said Khayyat. He used to remain isolated from the rest of the world. After some years, people saw him sitting in the company of a great person, Hazrat Ibni Rashiq (radi Allahu anhu). The people of the town were astonished and enquired about his presence. He disclosed that the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) told him in a dream to associate himself with the meetings of Hazrat Ibni Rashiq since in quite a large number of Durood Shareef was recited in his meetings.
6. One day a person from among the Bani Isra'il passed away. The people refused to bury him. They threw his body on a rubbish heap. They all considered him to be a great sinner.
At that moment, Hazrat Musa (alaihis salaam) received the Revelation from Allah Ta'ala, "O Musa! One of my chosen slaves has passed away. The Bani Isra'il have thrown his body on a rubbish heap. Command your people to retrieve the body. Bath him and give him a proper burial".
What Hazrat Nabi Musa (alaihis salaam) saw that person, he immediately recognised him. Obeying the Commands of Almighty Allah, Nabi Musa (alaihis salaam) then proceeded to give the person a proper bath and burial. Upon completion of this task, he asked Allah Ta'ala the reason for such an unusual command. Allah Ta'ala said: "O Musa! You are correct when you say that this person was a sinner. According to My Divine Command he was entitled to punishment. However, one day, while he was reading the Taurah, he came across the name of My beloved Habeeb Muhammad. He then kissed the name and sent salutations upon My Habeeb. It is due to this action of his, O Musa, that I have blessed him with Jannah".
7. Hazrat Sufyan bin Aienna (radi Allahu anhu) says that Hazrat Khalaf (radi Allahu anhu) had a friend who was a student of Islamic Law. One day, all of a sudden, he died and Hazrat Khalaf (radi Allahu anhu) saw him in his dream on the same night. It was seen that this student of Islamic Law was sitting on the throne of honour, pomp and dignity, clad in beautiful golden clothes.
Hazrat Khalaf (radi Allahu anhu) inquired about this exclusive and extraordinary honour. The student said that this was all because of his loud recitation of Durood Shareef at the time when the Prophet's (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) name was mentioned during the tuition of his Islamic Law studies. Allah Ta'ala counted the Durood Shareef as well as the sins. Every Durood Shareef that was recited loudly was millions of times bigger and heavier than all the sins. So the Salawat (Durood) won all this.
8. Hazrat Abi Sulaiman (radi Allahu anhu) says that he saw his father, who was a great sinner, in a dream after his death. Much to his great surprise, his father was in an excellent position in Heaven. When Hazrat Abi Sulaiman (radi Allahu anhu) inquired about that great reward, his father told him that it was all due to the recitations of Durood Shareef over the name of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) at a time when the name was written in the books.
9. Hazrat Kaab Ahbar (radi Allahu anhu), a great scholar of the Taurat says: "Allah revealed to Hazrat Musa (alaihis salaam) saying, 'O Musa, if on this earth there were no such people to glorify and praise Me, I shall not cause one drop of water todescend from the Heavens, and I shall not cause one seed to grow ...' and he mentioned several other things and then said, 'O Musa, do you desire to be nearer to Me than speech is to your tongue, or thought is to your heart, or nearer than your soul to your body, or nearer than your eyesight to your eyes?' Musa (alaihis salaam) replied: 'Yes, indeed, O Allah!'. Allah Ta'ala said: 'Then recite much Salawat on the Rasool Muhammad (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim)'."
10. It is written in "Nuzhat-ul-Majalis" that a man fell sick and was about to die. He was shivering and fearing the tortures of the grave and the tortures of the Day of Judgement. All of a sudden, a pious man caught hold of his hand and told him that he should be perfectly at ease as the Durood Shareef which he had recited in abundance during his life time is certainly to come to his rescue. The man, thereafter, died very peacefully.
11. Once, a passenger bus travelling from Mir Purkhas to Hyderabad, Pakistan, collided with a truck loaded with heavy machinery tools. About 120 passengers were travelling in that bus and all but one of the passengers was badly injured. That one man was reciting Durood Shareef on the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) at the time of the collision. When the journalist and the members of the police team later interviewed this man, he disclosed that he was constantly reciting Durood on Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) and Allah Ta'ala saved him. A similar incident took place in a bus travelling from Karachi to Hyderabad.
12. Abu Hafs Samarqandi (radi Allahu anhu) writes in his book, "Rownaqul Majaalis": In Balkh there lived a merchant of great wealth and substance. When he passed away, his two sons divided his estate among themselves equally. Among the inheritance there were three hairs of Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim). Each one took one. The elder brother suggested that they cut the third one in half, each then taking one piece. This suggestion filled the younger brother with distress and he exclaimed, "That shall never be done. The blessed hair of Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) shall not be cut". The elder then suggested, "Will you be satisfied that these three hairs come to you as your portion of inheritance, while I take the rest of the estate?" The younger brother agreed to this with great pleasure and satisfaction. The elder brother then acquired all that the father had left behind. The younger brother had the three hairs. He kept those hairs on his person at all times. Very often he took them out, looked at them and recited Salaat upon the Nabi (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
Not long thereafter, the elder brother had squandered and exhausted all his wealth, while the younger one became very wealthy. After some time the younger one died, someone from among the saintly ones saw a dream wherein Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) appeared to him and said, "If there be anyone with any kind of need, let him proceed to the grave of this person, sit down there and beg of Allah his need". (Qawlu Badee)
The same story is told in "Nuzhatul Majaalis", but with a slight addition. The story there says that when the elder brother became a pauper and saw Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) in a dream. He complained to Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) of great poverty. Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) told him: "O unfortunate one, you turned away from my hair and your brother accepted them and whenever he looked at them, he recited Salawat on me. For this reason, Allah had made him most fortunate, both in this world and in the Hereafter". When the elder brother awoke, he went forth and became one of the servants of his younger brother.
13. In "Nazhatul Majaalis", it is narrated that Hazrat Abu Haa'mid Qazwaini (radi Allahu anhu) said: A man and his son were on a journey. On the way, the father died and his face was transformed to that of a swine. The son, seeing this, cried bitterly and prayed to Allah. Soon the son fell asleep and saw a man telling him, "Your father used to consume interest (usury) and it is for this reason you see his face thus. But rejoice for Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) interceded on his behalf because whenever he heard his holy name he recited Salaat on him. Through the intercession of the Rasool (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim), he has been made to return tohis original form".
14. Once while Hazrat Fareeduddin Data Ganj-e-Shakr (radi Allahu anhu) was explaining the excellence of Durood Shareef, a few Faqirs came to him. They told him that they were travelling to perform the Hajj and that they had no money for food and for the journey. The great Saint then offered them a few seeds of eaten dates upon which he recited the Durood Shareef. When the Faqirs looked at the date seeds, they were surprised to see that it changed into pieces of gold.
15. It is reported in "Al-Qolul Badi" that a lady once approached Hazrat Sheikh Hassan Basri (radi Allahu anhu) and asked him whether it was possible to see her deceased daughter in a dream or not. The great saint ordered her to go home. Before sleeping, she was asked to read four Rakaah of Salaah and in each Rakaah, after Sura Fatiha, she was to recite Sura Kaafirun once. She was told to continue reading the Durood Shareef after the Salaah till she fell off to sleep.
When she did all this, that night, she saw her daughter in her dream. She was shocked to see her daughter in terrible pain and anguish. She also saw that her daughter was locked by chains of fire and was completely surrounded by fire.
She told Hazrat Hassan Basri (radi Allahu anhu) about her dream and he advised her to give some Alms. After a few days, Sheikh Hassan Basri (radi Allahu anhu) himself dreamt of a young girl sitting on a throne and wearing a gold crown. When she asked the great Saint whether he recognised her or not, he replied that he did not. She then said: "I am the daughter of that woman who had related to you her dream". Sheikh Hassan Basri (radi Allahu anhu) then told her that according to her mother, she was in the pit of Hell and asked her how she reached that position.
The girl replied: "O Friend of Allah! About 70 000 others and myself were being punished by Almighty Allah by His Justice. But one day, a lover of Nabi Muhammad (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) was walking by. As he passed by our graves, he recited the Durood Shareef and then conveyed the Sawaab of the Durood Shareef to us. Almighty Allah accepted the Durood Shareef. As a result of this, all of us who were in punishment were saved and granted Jannah".
Continued on next page.