C. THE EXCELLENCE OF DUROOD SHAREEF AS EXPLAINED IN THE AHADITH
"Hadith" is an Arabic word which means "Holy Sayings". It is the narration of all the affectionate words of advice uttered by the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) from time to time. These sayings (Ahadith) are instructions offered for the guidance of mankind, and to follow them is as important as daily prayers.
The famous books of Hadith are the following: Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Muwatta, Nisaai', Ibn-Majah, Darmi, Baihaqi and Miskhaat Shareef.
Imam Bukhari (radi Allahu anhu), the compiler of Bukhari Shareef, took the greatest and painstaking precautions in making his collections of Ahadith and exerted to his utmost to achieve all accuracy and reliability as possible. Hence, Ahadith quoted by Imam Bukhari (radi Allahu anhu) and his work on Ahadith stands as one of the wonders of intellectual achievement in Islamic History. He wrote all Ahadith in the sacred Haram of Madina Munawwarah. It is, therefore, that most of the Ahadith have been taken from the book of Bukhari Shareef.
Important Ahadith of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) have been included here for the betterment, benefit guidance and gain of the readers of this book. If followed, the reader of these sayings will receive a permit to Paradise even in this world. Every saying opens door to Divine favour and sure success.
1. For every Durood Shareef that you recite, ten sins are forgiven, ten good deeds are entered into your sheet of actions and ten position are upgraded.
2. Allah showers ten blessings on the man who recites a Durood. 3. The first man who will meet the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) on the Day of Judgement will be that person who had recited the Durood maximum number of times in his life time.
4. Those who recite Durood in maximum number will be nearest and dearest to the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) in the next world.
5. If any one is involved in a difficulty then he must recite countless number of Durood Shareefs.
6. Reciting Durood Shareef eradicates poverty and hunger.
7. If the Sawaab of the Durood Shareef is dedicated to another person, then thatperson will receive the Sawaab, while the Sawaab of the reciter will not be lessened.
8. Reciting excessive Durood Shareef brings purity.
9. Reciting maximum number of Durood Shareef is full compensation of all sins.
10. Any one who recites excessive Durood Shareef in this world will be safe and sound in the next world.
11. When a prayer is made to Allah it is never accepted unless praise of Allah Ta'ala and Durood Shareef on the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) is first of all recited.
12. Those who recite Durood quite often will see Divine Light on the dark Day of Judgement.
13. Three persons will be under the cool shade and the favours of Allah Ta'ala on the Doom's Day. One who kept the Holy Prophet's (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) Sunnah alive, one who removed difficulty of a fellow being and one who recited maximum number of Durood Shareef in his life time.
14. When you forget anything and your memory fails to recollect it, then recite Durood, you will remember the forgotten thing.
15. Reciting Durood in this world is rewarding in the next.
16. The reciter of 10 Duroods in the morning and 10 in the evening will receive the help of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) on the Day of Judgement.
17. One who recites Durood Shareef near the shrine of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) is heard by him there and then alone.
18. Any one who recites Durood is just as one who purchased a slave and freed him.
19. If a Durood is written in a book by someone Angels of Allah shower blessings on him till the Durood remains in that book.
20. The Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said that he himself recites blessings on one who recites Durood on him.
21. Any one who wants to meet his Allah with a happy face must recite countless number of Durood Shareef.
22. Reward equivalent to a big mountain (Uhad) is given to one who recites one Durood.
23. All people will be presented to the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) with their habits, natures and distinct manner, so it is obligatory for a man to recite maximum number of Durood.
24. Allah is Great and Almighty to forgive all sins of the reciter during the day and night when he recites Durood Shareef.
25. If any one meets in a tragedy, he should recite Durood Shareef in countless numbers.
26. Reciting Durood is like giving something in charity.
27. Reciting maximum number of Durood kills all hardships.
28. Recite Durood Shareef in countless number on Friday, as it is presented to me (the Holy Prophet).
29. Bad deeds of 200 years (equivalent) are obliterated if a man recites 100 Durood on Friday.
30. Anyone who recites Durood will overcome all their troubles.
31. If the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) is mentioned and one who hears it but does not recite Durood Shareef, understand that he has forgotten the path to Paradise.
32. "I pray for all those who recite Durood on me", said the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
33. If any one recites Durood Shareef from any place, any part of the world from any distance, it actually reaches the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) immediately. Allah Ta'ala has appointed several Angels who are given exclusive duty to collect all Durood Shareef and present the same before the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) immediately.
34. Angels of Allah shower 70 blessings on a man who recites Durood once.
35. Whenever you hear the call of prayers (Azaan) you should recite Durood.
36. Wherever you are, from any quarter of the world, you must recite Durood as it reaches the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
37. Ablution is not complete if Durood is not recited on it.
38. The Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said to his wife that any one who hears the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) and does not recite Durood on him will not see the beautiful face of Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) on the Day of the Judgement.
39. Sayyiduna Ali (radi Allahu anhu) reports that Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said, "The real miser is he in whose presence I am mentioned and then he fails to recite Salat on me".
40. If a person recites 1 000 Durood Shareef daily, he will never die unless he himself sees his place in Heaven with his own eyes.
41. The Durood Shareef that is recited by the person is written with a Golden Pen on a Silver tablet by the Angels. The Angels then present this Durood Shareef to Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) and proclaim, "O Habeeb of Allah! The son of such and such a person has presented this gift in your majestic court".
D. RESPECT THAT SHOULD BE ACCORDED WHEN RECITINGTHE DUROOD SHAREEF
Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) said: "Without doubt, there is an Angel of Almighty Allah whom Allah has given power to listen to the voices of all the people. Whenever any person reads the Durood Shareef, this Angel delivers the Durood Shareef to me. I then plead to Almighty Allah for the person to receive ten blessings for reading a single Durood Shareef". (Jami'us Sagheer).
How should one recite the Durood Shareef?
What should be the persons condition and the conditions of his environment? The following points should be taken into account when reciting Durood Shareef:
1. It should be read with utmost humility and respect.
2. The clothes of the reciter should be clean and free from all impurity.
3. The place where the Durood Shareef is to be read should be clean.
4. It is more superior to be in a state of Wudhu while reciting the Durood Shareef. (Not a must, can be recited without Wuduh [Islamic Academy] )
5. It is better to sit in the Tashahudd position as you would sit when in Salaah and recite the Durood Shareef with concentration and the respect due to it.
6. It is preferable to face Madinatul Munawwarah.
7. If possible, one should have sweet fragrance around the place.
8. The reciter should try and understand the meaning of the Durood Shareef.
9. One should possess a clean and untainted intention. One should read with the sole intention of pleasing Almighty Allah and Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
10. The person should not be involved in worldly talks.
11. A person should try his level best to follow the example or Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim).
12. When reading Durood Shareef, you should try and imagine that you are sitting in the august presence of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim). Utmost respect and reverence should be displayed.
13. Whenever one hears or recites the Durood Shareef, it should be read and written in full. It is also preferable to kiss one's thumb and rub them over one's eyes when hearing the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim). It's a Sunnah of Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (Radiallah Tala Anhu).
14. When the reading of the Durood Shareef is completed one should praise Allah Ta'ala that he has given you the opportunity of reading such a great Zikr as the Durood Shareef.
15. Whenever one takes the name of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim), one should use titles of respect and reverence.
16. As an advantage one should count (if possible) on one's fingers as Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) often encouraged this practice because on the Day of Qiyamah those same fingers will bear witness at the time when they are questioned.
17. Recite Durood Shareef wherever you are (not in the bathroom or toilet) and during any occasion.
Islamic Academy Note: Above are mostly Mustihibaats. If above conditions cannot be met please do not let them stop you from reciting Durood Shraif. One should recite Durood Sharif whenever possible but avoid places like restrooms, toilets and bathrooms.
E. A SELECTION OF DUROOD SHAREEFSClick here to read different kind of Duoord Shareef in Arabic
All Durood Shareef are equivalent and give full benefits, but some selected and very promptly accepted and favoured Durood Shareefs are the following:
ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA SALLAITA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID. ALLAHUMMA BAARIK ALA MUHAMMADIW WA ALA AALI MUHAMMADIN KAMAA BAARAKTA ALA IBRAHIMA WA ALA AALI IBRAHIMA INNAKA HAMIDUM MAJID.
"O Allah, let Your Blessings come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. Allah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious".
The famous companion of the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim), Hazrat Ka'ab bin Ujrah (radi Allahu anhu), narrates that once it was enquired from Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) as to how blessings should be sent to him. The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallim) replied that the blessings be said in the manner (it has been mentioned) above, that is, Durood-e-Ibrahimi.
ALLAHUMMA SALLI ALA SALAWATAN KAMILATAW WA SALLIM SALAAMAN TAAAMAN ALA SAYYIDINA MUHAMMADINIL LAZI TANHALLU BIHIL UQADU WATAN FARIJU BIHIL KURABU WA TUQDA BIHIL HAWA IJU WA TUNAALU BIHIR RAGHAAA'IBU WAHUSNUL KHAWATIMI WA USTASQAAYAL GHAMAMU BIWAJHIHIL KAREEMI WA ALAAA A'LIHI WASAHBIHI FI KULLI LAMHATIW WA NAFSIN BI ADADA KULLI MA'LUMIL LAKA YAAA ALLAHU YAAA ALLAHU YAAA ALLAHU.
"O Allah! Every moment and in every breath, bestow complete and the best blessings and perfect peace which is endless on Muhammad, our master, and on his descendants and his Companions, and may, for His Sake, all our troubles and tortures be over, calamities ended, and all our needs fulfilled, all our cherished desires attained, and good ends vouch-saved, and clouds are laden with water through the glorious countenance of Prophet. The perfect blessings and peace on the Prophet's House, his Family and his Companions every instance in number equal to the count of all things in Thy Knowledge".
Durood-e-Nahariya is a great power. If it is recited daily, it will give such strength and power to the reciter that no one on earth will be able to subdue him. It is a grand success in all the affairs of the world. If this Durood Shareef is recited during days of calamities, Allah Ta'ala will help the reciter from the quarters unknown to the human beings. The reciter will be able to cross every barrier of handicap safely and soundly. In every worldly affair, in every trial and tribulation, success will be his net income.
Continued on next page.